- plural of loop
- third person singular of loop
- dogs: in heat
- ''Die teef is loops. -- That bitch is in heat.
Science and technology
- Loop (algebra), a quasigroup with an identity element
- Loop (graph theory), an edge that begins and ends on the same vertex
- Loop (topology), a path that starts and ends at the same point
- Program loop (computers), a sequence of commands that is executed repeatedly
- An infinite loop is a sequence of instructions in a computer program which loops endlessly.
- Wilson loop (physics), a closed path integral of the gauge field
- Loop (electricity), a closed circuit
- Loop (knot), one of the fundamental structures used to tie knots
- Loop (mobile), a Mobile Virtual Network Operator in Bulgaria
- Loop (telecommunication), sending a signal on a channel and receiving it back at the sending terminal
- Local loop (telecommunication), the link connecting the customer to the carrier
- Loop antenna, a radio antenna composed of one or more turns of conductor
- Loop device (Unix), a device node that allows a file to be mounted on a directory
- Loop, a type of fingerprint pattern
- Loop (biochemistry), a flexible region in a protein's secondary structure
Movement and transportation
- Loop jump (figure skating), a jump that takes off from a back outside edge and lands on the same edge
- Loop (cricket), a description of bowling, when a bowler makes the ball rise above eye-level in the early part of its trajectory toward the batsman
- Loop (figure skating), one of the compulsory figures
- Loop (aircraft), an aerobatic maneuver
- Loop (roller coaster), the most basic of roller coaster inversions
- Balloon loop (railway), one of several looping track configurations
- Loop route (road transport); see also Beltway
- Loop (Texarkana), a loop proposed around Texarkana, Arkansas
- Loop ramp (road transport), an element of a cloverleaf interchange allowing left turns via a 270° right turn
Creative works and groups
- Loop (novel), a sequel to the Japanese horror novel Ring
- Loop (band), a London rock band
- Loops (musical ensemble), a contemporary musical ensemble from Australia
- Loop (Keller Williams album) - a 2002 album by Keller Williams.
- In the Loop, a public radio show
- Music loop, a finite element of sound which is repeated by technical means
- To "loop" is a term used in audio post production where an actor re-records his/her voice in a studio setting. This term is currently often replaced with the term "ADR" or Automated Dialogue Replacement. This is used when the original audio that was recorded on set was poor/damaged/lost etc. The term "loop" itself refers, as much of the film industry terminology does, to the old days where the actor was shown a continual film loop of the scene he/she was recording so that they would be able to synchronise their voice with the performance that was shot at an earlier date. Now looping or ADR is performed using computer software.
- In animation, a loop is a sequence of drawings repeated over and over.
- In a movie projector, the loop refers to the slack portion of the film around the projector lens.
- A loop is industry vernacular for short pornographic films, many times without sound. Most are cheaply made and of poor quality. Before the advent of home video, such films were typically viewed by a single person in a booth, and the film was "looped" so that it could be played repeatedly when activated by a coin payment slot or similar device.
- Loop Ash Records, a record label.
- Loop, Germany, a municipality in Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
- The Loop (TV series), a comedy television show on the FOX network
- A loop drive in table tennis, "The Loop" is an extreme topspin drive that produces a loopy tragetory.
- A loop in playboating, a maneuver where the kayaker does a full forwards flip in the air.
- The Loop, the downtown neighbourhood of Chicago, Illinois bounded by an elevated railway in the shape of a loop
- Loop Retail Historic District, National Register of Historic Places shopping district in above neighborhood.
- The Loop is a nickname given to the suburban St. Louis, MO entertainment district that is formally known as the Delmar Loop.
- Loop (education), to advance an elementary school teacher with his or her class
- Louisiana Offshore Oil Port
- Loupe, a small magnifying glass used by jewelers, watchmakers, and other precision craftsmen
- The Loop is a segment on Attack of the Show hosted by Kevin Pereira.
- LOOP Barcelona, a platform for videoart based in Barcelona, Spain.
loops in Czech: Smyčka
loops in German: Loop
loops in French: Loop
loops in Italian: Loop
loops in Dutch: Loop
loops in Japanese: ループ
loops in Portuguese: Loop